Recommendation for Certification
Certification Process is as Follows:
- Apprentice successfully complete all Apprenticeship Program Requirements
- JLATA sends Employer Term 7 Evaluation Form for completion and submission
- JLATA sends ITA Recommendation for Certification Form
- ITA Processes the Recommendation for Certification Form and sends the Certificate of Qualification and Certificate of Apprenticeship for the JLATA to sign.
- ITA maintains a permanent file of your record of certification
Sign-off on the Recommendation for Certification Form
Recommendation for Certification is signed by the JLATA Recommendation for certification signed by the Sponsor and an Individual holding credentials eligible for sign-off authority. By completing this form, the Sponsor is attesting that the Apprentice is now working at the skill level of a certified journeyman.
The JLATA may decide not to recommend the Apprentice for certification. In this case the JLATA will provide the reasons and training plan to remedy the identified skill ad knowledge deficiencies and suggest a future date for the ITA to send another Recommendation for Certification Form.